Checking Out the Brown Sugar Pearl Milk Craze @ Xing Fu Tang

I've seen a lot of the brown sugar pearl milk being advertised around Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, and I'm constantly bombarded with online ads on social media.

Well, as a bubble tea diehard fan, time to check out what everyone has been raving about.

The 'Xing Fu Tang' located at the top of the escalator when you exit the Expo/Millenium Line at Granville Station is where I decided to give it a go.

I refuse to wait in line for more than 15-20 minutes for bubble tea, so I waited a few months after this location opened before venturing to try their menu.

I picked a weekday right at their opening time to attempt ordering my brown sugar pearl milk ($5.50); and that was just perfect.

They open at 11, just before the lunch hour rush, and because it was a weekday most people were at school or work so I really didn't have to wait an insane amount of time.

Taste-wise, I can't deny that it's really good. 정말 맛있어요!

If you aren't lactose intolerant like I am, you won't have any problem finishing the whole cup of very rich milk with brown sugar and black pearls. If you don't like pearls, you can always order the herbal jelly version instead.  That is pretty good too, but the price is $1.00 more.

They had a special offer where they were collecting donations for cancer research; so if you signed up for a membership card, they would donate the membership fee to the Cancer Foundation.

I personally know a few people who are cancer survivors and some are my close friends.  So of course; no hesitation from me, I signed up on the spot.

I love the downtown staff; they are really friendly and very customer oriented.  In the two times that I visited their location, yes they were crazy busy but they concentrated on the customer and the service being given.

 I couldn't resist coming a second time to order their Bunny Jelly Mango Smoothie for $6.95.  The bunny is just soooo cute!  I'm not 100% sure, but I think the bunny is actually lightly flavoured coconut pudding with more agar to make it hold its shape longer.

Whatever it's made of, it's really good; although, I really wish the mango wasn't that sweet.  A little too sweet for my taste.


As of yet, I haven't tried their soft serve flavours; Brown Sugar Pearl Soft Serve and Strawberry Soft Serve.
Has anyone tried it?  What did you think and did you like it?

Of course, I can't end this post without sharing my thoughts on their Black Cup Tea.

To be honest, the plastic cup scared me; it was so soft and it got even softer as I was walking around waiting for the tea to cool. I was so worried the plastic would melt due to the hot tea drink.  Which led me to worry about whether or not the plastic cup is BPA free.

And tea is tea....I don't think I'll be ordering their Black Cup Tea drinks in the future; the price is a bit steep - $4.50-$5.50 depending on the tea you order. 솔직히 그것은 너무 비싸요. Just because it's from a popular bubble tea shop.

다음에 봐요!
See you next time!




Comments

Popular Posts