Welcome to ECEIEL

Hello and welcome to my blog!
Thank you so much for stopping by to read what I'm writing.
In this blog, I'd like to share everything I learn from travelling, cooking different ethnic foods, reviewing local eats, to sharing what is going on in the news and our community.

In case you are wondering what ECEIEL stands for:
Ever Curious, Ever Investigating, Ever Learning

I feel as a Library Technician and considering going back to school for a BA, this makes a perfect personal motto and goal to have before my eyes daily.  I've really been fluctuating between Linguistics and Journalism.  But after a good long conversation with my mom, Linguistics is more up my alley.  I could do Journalism on the side as a certificate...but for a BA...hands down - Linguistics is at my heart's core.

Why Linguistics and/or Journalism? Well working as a Library Technician, I've been very lucky to have experienced working with ESL adults and students and dabbled in a bit of article writing as well as doing a minuscule amount of research.

With a BA in Linguistics, I could go on to become a lexicographer, speech/language therapist, languages teacher, copy editor, proofreader or maybe something in communications even.  See, I'm excited already - I'm listing the possible career paths.

Journalists and broadcasters are very much a part of our everyday life, whether we realize it or not. They keep us up to date and informed as to what is going on locally as well as globally.
I'd like to be one of those reliable people - I'm not sure what I'd like to specialize in...but I hope by starting this blog I'll be able to fine-tune my skills as I go back to school.
If I can also help to inform people with current and up-to-date information as well, well that would be the icing on the cake!

Here are some people who have really inspired me to go for this new goal/chapter in my life.

Lloyd Robertson: Canadian journalist and now retired news anchor for the CTV National News Team.  He served as the chief anchor and senior editor of CTV's national evening newscast until 2011 when he retired in September of that year.
Peter Mansbridge: English-born Canadian retired news anchor; he was chief correspondent for CBC News and anchor of The National and also the host of CBC News Network's Mansbridge One on One.  He retired in 2017.
Melodee Morita: Raised in LA and currently based in New York City, she is a bilingual (English and Japanese) reporter, director, interpreter and MC for major US and Japanese events.  (My mom actually found her on YouTube and shared her channel with me a few years ago.) Personally, I would so love to be able to write and speak fluently in Korean and Japanese the way she can and does in all her projects. I follow her on YouTube and Instagram.
Marketplace - CBC News: These investigative journalists research products and services, used and purchased daily by consumers, for scams, misleading claims and false advertising.  They expose the truth to everyday people and push companies as well as the Canadian government for answers and action.  Marketplace has been on the air since 1972 and I am always amazed and impressed with their journalistic prowess.

In short, I hope to be a really good writer and look forward to the adventures that await!

나중에 봐요!
See you later!

Comments

Popular Posts