Packing Light! Liquid and Bottle Free!

I know I said my next post for travel would be about how not to look like a tourist in a foreign country.  But this kind of took over.  In my quest to have as little with me as possible, this research was absolutely necessary and I felt I really needed to share with you.

If you must travel with bottles...I highly recommend TIC.  They are pretty compact and light to carry around.  My uncle gave us a capsule set and it is pretty awesome! I love the sleek design and colours that they have.

But my goal for my trip to Seoul is to be bottle-free.  Compared to my brother when he packs for a trip...I feel like I need so much more than he does!  By the time I finish packing, I have filled up a carry-on and have a difficult time zipping it up properly.

But thanks to a few products...it looks like I can lessen the issue of too many bottles and small necessities by a LOT!

  • JAYJUN: Their Real Water Brightening Black Mask is so awesome. A 3-Step face treatment; it comes with cleanser, essence and a mask in a thin tear-away package that makes it so easy to carry around.  No need to worry about airline restrictions! And it means 3 less bottles to carry around with me!  This product inspired my search for bottle free travelling when I saw how convenient it was all packaged together.  Although, this option is more convenient and less eco-friendly as there are more materials to throw out after usage.  There are options such as solid face soap bars or items like the Neogen Solid Face Cleanser stick.
  • Tru Earth Laundry Strips: There are a few different ones out there and I found this one online that is supposed to be earth friendly and hypoallergenic.  I'm not sure about putting it in my washing machine...but I was inspired to take them along with me for my trip.  They tick off everything in my list of requirements for bottle-free: lightweight, dry and thin! Bingo!
  • Soap Shavings: These I can make on my own; oh yeah, cost free! Just take a bar of soap and shave it with a peeler. Layer with wax or parchment paper to prevent sticking and store in a snack-size re-usable zip-bag.  IF you want to be fancier and have time before your trip, try making Soap Petals. These are so cute and up the fancy in your cosmetics case without upping the weight of your carry-on.  ;) Best of all, you can have these on you even when not travelling.  Public washroom soap emergency?? What are those?? Never again with these in your purse!
  • Shampoo Bars: I did not know about these until I started my quest for bottle/liquid free travelling.  You could buy online from companies such as Lush, Nordstrom (if you want a brand name item), Amazon, etc.  OR you could make it at home! But again, that is if you have enough time on your hands before your trip. Personally, I would be nervous about it as I do not have experience and don't know anything about things like pH, what would be good for the scalp, etc.  I really recommend that if you are an amateur, do a thorough research before attempting anything homemade as you don't want to give yourself problems you may not have had before.  I saw some samplers available on Amazon...pretty cute!
  • Lotion: Oh boy...my hands are so dry because of the nature of my day job....I can't be without hand lotion or cream.  Airline restrictions mean I won't be able to carry a regular tube of hand cream and the travel sized ones are ridiculously expensive! But if you carry hand balm or a lotion bar these are much better and you know what...you waste less because it's not in a tube!  Have you ever tried cutting open a tube to get at every last product and then wind up cutting yourself??  Yeah, that's me!
  • Deodorant: I don't know if anyone else has done this...but I just cut a chunk off of my regular stick and wrapped it in wax paper and put it in a zippy bag.  I really, really, really, absolutely hate how high manufacturers price their travel size options!  So take that! LOL!
  • Sunscreen: Sunscreen sticks! These are widely available from many different manufacturers such as Shiseido, Neutrogena, Sephora, JMsolution.  And again...no tube and product waste issues!
I really hope that my personal search results help you get started on your search for bottle-free/waste-free travelling.  And definitely do some research of your own; everyone has a different idea or need and every person's search results will differ widely because of those parameters.

I can zip up my carry on!!! Yes!


다음에 봐요!
See you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts