Sura is DELICIOUS! I think I can make it too!


Sura Korean Cuisine: Absolutely delicious....and absolutely expensive!  What's a girl to do but make it herself on a rainy fall afternoon.

Thanks to Maangchi, I was able to follow along and recreate the dish very well. At least, that's what my family told me.  LOL!

The ingredients are very easy to purchase; T&T (bread, onions, tomatoes, lemon and mangoes) and HMart (cleaned and fresh mackerel, green onions, meat shavings and Korean melon) are the 2 places I frequently shop at.  Green onions are sooo much cheaper at HMart when it goes on sale so I had enough to make a sauce for some homemade spring rolls (which I will share with you all in another post, but that is for another day).


I actually made 2 different meals:

고등어구이 (Grilled Mackerel)

Bulgogi and Mozzarella cheese sandwich (I had it at a coffee shop at Mount Pleasant Community Centre and was really craving it).

They both turned out pretty well and lunch at work was definitely so much better than the everyday, same, boring thing all over again.

The best part....I didn't have to spend a single cent!  :) And my coworkers were really jealous of my food when they smelled the cheese and meat wafting out of the toaster oven in the lunchroom. Hahaha!

For the 고등어구이:
It was easier since it was already clean and filleted in half by the butcher. So I rinsed it, pat it dry, and coated it lightly in flour.  As per Maangchi, I pan-fried it on medium heat for 3 minutes per side until golden brown.  As you can see in the photo, I served it topped with lemon slices and cilantro leaves, some rice and thinly sliced tomatoes.
Dessert was a dish of mango and Korean melon slices.

Bulgogi and Mozzarella Cheese Sandwich:

Marinated the meat in Korean Bulgogi Sauce and then sautéed it with thinly minced onions and garlic. Beef Ribeye Roll Remainders is what was written on the meat package.  I really love how HMart did not waste the meat and throw it all away but sold it in a huge package. It was perfect for the sandwich! It would've been an absolute pain if I had to mince the meat myself!

I grated the mozzarella cheese, lightly toasted the bread and then put the sandwich together after the meat had cooled a bit so I could pack for lunch the next day.  

Side note:
The ahjussi who ran the coffee shop would put the cheese on just before re-heating the sandwich on the panini grill. Just writing about it right now makes my mouth water.  He used a 6 inch sub roll though, so if you want the full experience, try to get a 6 inch submarine sandwich roll instead of using regular sandwich bread.

다음에 봐요!
See you next time!



#homecafe #bulgogi&mozzasandwich #고등어구이 #H-Mart #homecooking #COVID-19lockdown #boredathome #Maangchifollower

Comments

Popular Posts