Daily Routine In Spite of COVID-19

They did say to maintain your everyday routine...

Have you had one of those funny videos forwarded to you - where people go about maintaining their daily routine, as per health officials' recommendation?  The one that has the fellow hanging onto his shower curtain rod, fully dressed and his earbuds in - accurately mimicking his every-day commute to and from work (or school).  That clip made me laugh so hard - I wish I had his motivation.

Personally, I can't be bothered going the whole nine yards like he did.  But what I do enjoy - is puttering around in the kitchen.  And one of my greatest joys before going to work, is getting to pack my bento box.  The picture above is of a bowl of dark broth made of beef broth with some kelp and tofu; the black lump with powder is sesame pudding with kink powder (roasted soybean powder) and some braised lotus root.

It's actually quite fun for me to keep this up - it keeps me entertained, I'm not filling up on junk food (much), and I'm not so out of routine that if I do get back to work I'm so out of rhythm I have a hard time readjusting.

Why bother keeping a daily routine?  According to health experts, it's good for our mental and physical health; having a routine allows us to have some sense of normalcy during these "turn on a dime", uncertain times.  We're not complete couch potatoes - which is so easy to become if you're in your PJ's 24/7 (at least for me) and it's a great time to challenge yourself to try new things.   Who knew we could volunteer from home too?!

Even to tick off a few from that bucket list that's never been touched except for when you tacked it to your wall.  Having a list that I can tick off daily has been so satisfying.  I've steamed all the clothes in my mom's closet (you're welcome, Mom!); rearranged and purged the towels and bedding in our linen closet (FINALLY!); labelled and sorted every single item in our kitchen, fridge and freezer (good-bye unknown globs!); and dumped the ugly packaging in the bathroom cabinets and transferred the items into decent looking storage containers.

Best of all, I've finally been able to knuckle down and really reflect on what it is I'd like to be doing outside of my job (considering I don't have a job at this point).  School was definitely a must - but what about a side something?  I'm really hoping that the few places I tossed my name into will get back to me.  If one of them does - it'll be the awesomest dream come true and a challenge I'm looking forward to tackling.

What are you doing indoors lately?

Take care and stay healthy!


#dailyroutineCOVID-19 #bentobox #dailycommute #couchpotato #virtualvolunteer #back-to-school


Comments

Popular Posts