Pre-Bagged Produce Pending Pandemic



Ah quarantine/self-isolation...going out to eat is definitely a temporary thing of the past.  The up-side is that our wallets probably don't have as many "holes" as it used to.  Considering quite a lot of us, myself included, have been laid off from work to help cut company
budget costs.
You know what I mean; the coffee-breaks we like to take with our pals at work, trying out new places with friends, re-visiting old favourites to de-stress or because we're too tired or sometimes lazy to cook dinner....etc.
Fortunately, there's still the take-out or curb-side pick up options open to us.  But, with so much time on my hands, sometimes cooking at home is preferable.  And I'm not having to worry about how much MSG I'm actually ingesting or whether the food was handled hygienically or not.

The picture above is from Pacific Coffee Roasters, last December, one of the last few times I could enjoy a drink sitting down at a cafe.  It's my favourite place to go to when I'm studying Korean, de-stressing, or simply enjoying some me-time when I need an escape from work.

Speaking of which, I sincerely appreciate how H-Mart has taken the initiative to pre-bag open produce for the customers.  I feel less apprehensive thinking about how many people have actually handled the produce and more inclined to buy fresh vs canned. And because we're now forced to rely on plastic bags to prevent cross-contamination, I wash and re-use the bags I come home with - we may as well get as much use out of those as possible before it inevitably winds up in the landfill.

But seriously, thank you and kudos to H-Mart for taking a positive step in preventing contamination and spreading.  And before we even think to complain about how we'd have to buy an extra or one less than we normally would - please remember, we are in this together and we really need to help each other out.  I'm sure the staff are not enjoying having to take time out of their already hectic work day to bag the produce for us.  One more or one less isn't going to kill us, but COVID-19 will.  Of course, if it doesn't kill you, it will probably weaken your immune system making you susceptible to re-infection or maybe even lifelong health problems.

Where is/was your go-to food place pre-lockdown?  Where would you go to first once restaurants and cafes are able to open to the public again?  Let me know!




#pandemic #COVID-19 #preventativemeasures #H-Mart #PacificCoffeeRoasters #pre-baggedproduce #quarantine #self-isolation

Comments

Popular Posts