Accessories For a Minimalist Wardrobe


Accessories, accessorize, accessorizing...it can be a pain to find what you really love and looks good on you for a long long time.  But with patience and constant hunting, it pays off to wait for the pieces that can stay with you for a lifetime.
With a round face like mine, I prefer long and thin earrings.  The occasional round ones catch my eye, but they need to have a bit of length so I don't make my face look even rounder than it already is. The designs I love and find are usually from Paper for You (Japan Market) and Cocomolo (Aberdeen Mall). I have a couple of red ones that I use for Chinese special occasions such as Lunar New Year and Mid-Autumn Festival.  I'm not a fan of necklaces but I do love bracelets - thin NOT chunky!

I am disgustingly picky with bags.  Before, it was all about what was cute or eye catching - but then I would suffer from buyer's remorse because it wasn't sturdy enough or it wasn't versatile enough to take me from day to night and from work to play. Having learned my lesson, investing in a few pieces (tote, handbag, clutch, over the shoulder and small messenger-style) that are not only functional but classically simple in both design and colour has helped me greatly reduce having too many uncoordinated, random pieces that don't work well with a minimalist wardrobe.

Then there are the shoes...as you can see, I've grouped by comfort (hahaha, it's all about what's comfortable!) and the more dressy but not so comfortable shoes.  Blacks, browns/tans, blush pinks and dark blue ensure that I can easily match what I'm wearing.  I just need to figure out if I need heels or flats for the occasion and whether or not Rain-couver weather needs me to be in appropriate foot gear on my way to wherever it is I'm going.  This collection of shoes has been carefully selected over the course of almost 10 years.  I try to make sure to take care of them because like my bags, I am extremely picky with my shoes.  When I nab that ideal pair...I hope I am careful enough to make them last for years.


Last but not least, the fun stuff; shades with cat corners, umbrella with UV protection, a fan for when it gets too hot, Rilakkuma pencil case when I need to take down notes or ideas, and my trusty laptop with cute shiba inu puppies roaming all over the sleeve. 

If you're curious to know what I tote with me on a daily basis, check out my next post of, "What's in My Bag" to find out.


#accessories #minimalist #keypieces #UVumbrella #PaperForYou #CocomoloAberdeen #Rain-couver

Comments

Popular Posts