2 Bento Bags??

Snack Bento
For shorter work/class days, I really don't want to be toting around a regular sized lunch bag - so this size suits me perfectly.  The sakura blossom 2-tier bento box was a birthday gift from my mom in 2019.  She purchased it from Utsuwa-no-Yakata in Aberdeen Mall.  I got the bento box band from Daiso (I didn't want to use the white band that came with the box), the sakura chopsticks and chopstick stand a couple of weeks later to match the bento box.
The KOMAX Kim Jung-Man City View Can Tumbler (holds 330 ml) it's my favourite - cute and tiny; I purchased it back in 2017, never put it in the dishwasher, and it's still going strong. I only hope I never have to replace it because I don't see it at T&T anymore, and when I look online, I could only find one photo of it!  So to be really honest, I try not to take it out of the house anymore.  It's now my reading mug - hot tea or hot chocolate and marshmallows on a cold wintery day; iced yuzu or tea for cooler or hotter weather.

I sewed the bag using a cute strawberry pattern from Fabricana (I still have to make a matching utensil pouch) and reinforced the bottom with styro-padding packaging from a laptop sleeve I had purchased.  I trimmed it down to size and used the bigger portion for the next bento bag I'm going to show you.

This one is much plainer - mainly because it's bigger and doesn't fit in my tote, so I don't want dirt stains ruining a cute fabric bag.  I also made a matching cutlery pouch.  Check out my original post showing how I sewed this bigger bento bag, if you're curious to see how I made it.
I invested in a plain brown bento box (also from Utsuwa-no-Yakata) that has a good vacuum seal.  But because it's plastic, if I have or make food that has a pungent smell or sauce that will stain, I usually will put the food in aluminum foil first before putting it into the box. No box-band, yay! One less thing to wash!
The spoon and chopstick set are from H-Mart.  수저(su-jeo) comes from 숟가락 (sut-ka-rak) for spoon and 젓가락 (jeot-ka-rak) for chopsticks.
The KOMAX Crystal White Tumbler holds 400 ml, covers the lip well, has a great seal and holds the temperature for a good 4-5 hours.  This tumbler is quite easy to find; T&T, H-Mart, Hannam all sell it, if you don't want to go online to purchase.
The bubble tea, metal straw is thanks to Shien Japanese Calligrapher, a mother and daughter owned small business that combines Japanese culture with eco friendly products.  They have just recently come out with a plastic utensil case - so if you're interested check their Instagram out.




#bentobag #KOMAX #ShienJapaneseCalligrapher #Utsuwa-no-Yakata #수저 #숟가락 #젓가락


Comments

Popular Posts