KineMaster VS iMovie

Screenshot of app in AppStore

I thought iMovie was a lot of fun to use on my iPhone 8... until I downloaded KineMaster when I had to switch back to my Samsung A70 because my Mom's iPhone SE broke down.  Lower income during a pandemic lockdown means I can't go and get a new iPhone any time soon.  Thank goodness for forgetting to trade-in my A70 last year!  Personally, after using both apps; I'm giving iMovie a rating of 4 stars and KineMaster 5 stars at this point in time.  Why?

iMovie, as an app, is pretty cool to use; you have the option to create videos and movie trailers (pre-formatted or from scratch), audio/music editing, video colour settings, crop/rotate clips, video effects/transitions, speed up/slow down, clip browser, timeline, HD & 4K video support, stabilization, photo/music import, pre-built themes & backdrops, real-time titling, and have multiple projects simultaneously.  The cons though - I'm sad about the limited number of tracks provided music-wise and it's also quite depressing that you can't change the font text at all on the app version.

Screenshot of app in GooglePlay

KineMaster (headquarters are in Seoul), on the other hand - is AMAZING!!! I am so, so, so happy that I downloaded the app.  They have a free version and a premium version (with a subscription, you have more soundtracks, stickers, watermark removal option, themes, etc); but the free version is quite good already.  That is if you can ignore the ads that occasionally pop up around the screen and the permanent watermarking on your finished video.  Those are the cons of the app; but they are cons I can live with and you'll see why in a minute.

The app provides so many different fonts!  Yes!  I adore cafe vibe fonts and handwriting or cursive/calligraphy fonts A LOT.  They even have Korean, Japanese and traditional Chinese fonts!  I can't read Chinese and/or Japanese - but hey!  The more the merrier, am I right?

They also have Christmas, Easter, Halloween, newborn baby, Valentine, Chuseok, Lunar New Year, Mid-Autumn Festival, Cherry Blossoms, and more available as themes, frames, stickers, transitions, and animation.  Ok, I'm like a kid in a candy-shop; I am high on all the options!  I was so happy messing with the app - I slapped together a 16 second video and sent it via WhatsApp to my sister because I was so hyped to try everything out.

We'll see what she says when she replies - the time difference between Vancouver and Ontario is about 3 hours...and I think it's afternoon nap time for my nephew right now.  If or when I get the chance to go back to using an iPhone - I'm skipping the iMovie app and downloading the KineMaster.

Comments

Popular Posts