Back to School at 30+

 2020 - the year everything changed; in more ways than one.

I realized I was:

  • Spending way too much on junk food and take-out.
  • Needing to get my career life back on track
  • Needing a 5 year, 10 year, and 30 year game plans
  • Still fluctuating and waffling from Linguistics, Journalism and International Studies
Starting July of 2020 and fast-forwarding to today, I have:
  • Successfully applied and enrolled at University as an Undergraduate
  • Started a small side-business of sewing small items (i.e. face masks, cutlery cases, cat toys, aprons, etc. Check out my IG account @sew_knot_ur_average)
  • Revitalized my resume and cover letter
  • Volunteering and mentoring more (hence why I haven’t been able to write in my blog at all; apologies again...)
  • Joined a few University Clubs (CCO, SFUTA, and SFU Polyglots)
  • Penned out my 5 year, 10 year and 30 year game plans
  • Significantly cut down on irresponsible spending and am doing my best to cram save as much as I can to avoid having to resort to taking out a student loan.
  • Decided on a BA - International Studies and World Literature
    • Most of my transferred credits from Langara are applicable
    • I’m way more interested in current issues, world politics, culture and society
    • I’m still very interested in language, but I’ll take them as a side and even after I finish my Joint Major, I’ll definitely continue as I have quite a few to tick off from my bucket list (Japanese, Mandarin and French)
What have you found yourself improving on since 2020?

What are you most proud of accomplishing, recently?

What is your 5 year, 10 year and 30 year game plan?

 We can do this! 

Comments

Popular Posts